Thread: [FOR SALE] Light Boxes
View Single Post
Old 14-11-2019, 11:32 AM
Xeteth (David)

I have just received one of these light boxes from Peter and thought I'd leave a review.

Peter was great to deal with, responded promptly to emails and after handing over the dimensions of my scope Peter was able to give me a quote for the light box. Having currently used the old 'white t-shirt' method I was looking forward to a quick, easy and effective solution to taking flats, as such I went ahead with the order.

Peter was quick to build the light box and kept me updated with regards to the construction and mailing of the box, providing an Auspost tracking number so I could keep an eye on where it was. After having the package delivered I've got to say that I'm very impressed with everything, Peter has certainly delivered! The lightbox was very well packaged, with lots of padding to ensure it didn't get damaged on the way.

The lightbox itself is very lightweight (you certainly don't want something too heavy hanging off the end of your scope), but sturdy enough for it's purpose. It appears to be very well made, with clean edges and an overall nice design. I asked peter for a 12v cigarette plug as this is what I currently use to power my mount, along with a dimmer so I can adjust the light panel. I fired it up and I'm impressed with how even the light is across the surface, definitely what you need for taking those flats. The box fits over the end of my scope like a glove, with about a 1-2mm gap so it's not too tight. The dimmer works as you'd expect, allowing me to adjust the brightness of the light panel.

Overall I'd have to say buying one of these from Peter was a great experience, I'm very happy with the final product and would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a lightbox!

Cheers Peter!
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (IMG_20191114_120942.jpg)
191.6 KB75 views
Click for full-size image (IMG_20191114_121127.jpg)
190.7 KB91 views
Click for full-size image (IMG_20191114_121420.jpg)
130.2 KB78 views
Click for full-size image (IMG_20191114_121614.jpg)
178.6 KB89 views