View Single Post
Old 09-01-2017, 12:52 AM
luka
Unregistered User

Gilles, I got much further today trying to get the driver working under indi:

1. It is not possible to use the driver with the current debian stable (jessie) as the other packages are just too old. I managed to compile the ftdi library and then to compile indi and then the driver and then I stumbled... ekos and the newer kstars need qt5 which debian jessie does not have. So I had to abandon this approach as it was getting too messy.

2. I got new system running debian testing (stretch). Your driver compiled with stock FTDI and indi packages and I copied the executable indi_cam86_ccd to /usr/bin. I also copied the indi_cam86_ccd.xml file to /usr/share/indi. Was this the correct?

Note: Can you please update the indi_cam86_ccd.xml file on github to say Cam86 instead of Cam84 in two places (name + binary).

3. kstars recognised and "connected" to the driver. Note that it "connects" to the driver even when the camera is not connected so I don't really believe that is connected.

This is where my success ends. The indi control panel does not work/open for Cam86. It refuses to do anything with it. I am not sure what to do next. I never used indi before so that may be my mistake. But the simulated CCD works.

Any hints?

Thanks
Luka