Thread: My Mate Beer.
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2017, 07:38 PM
Tandum (Robin)

Cheers Brian. So long as you keep containers clean and sterile it's pretty straight forward. Fermenting really requires temperature control. Lagers need to ferment at around 10C and Ales around 20C depending on the yeast so you need to ferment in a fridge.

I just got hold of a working $25 fridge that'll cool 4 kegs and the fermenter fits perfectly into the tiny old fridge. Got a temp controller on the old fridge, it just turns it on/off to keep it around the right temp and spent the last day and a half working on the $25 special.

It's now clean, rust free and red. Looking a bit like a coke machine but killrust epoxy is $10/litre at supercheap so it's red. Needs a couple more coats and we are done.

First brew has finished and will go in the first keg in a couple of days. Not expecting a lot as I brewed 23ltr which is the amount you make for bottling but I bought kegs inbetween and kegging wants a 20ltr brew. So it will probably be a bit watery and weak. Sure smells like beer

The $25 special has the fridge on top and came with an ants nest under the seals on both doors for free ....
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (Fridge.jpg)
74.3 KB33 views