View Single Post
Old 09-01-2011, 08:48 PM
gregbradley

Hi Brian,

I imaged with a Tak FS152 extensively.

You won't be able to use the FS128 with a reducer and the 2.7 inch focuser and a full frame chip.

You can if you have the 4 inch focuser and a flattener. There was a flattener made for the FS152 it probably works on the FS128. I use it on an AP140 and it works fine.

FSQ106 should not have any problems with a full frame chip. It has a large corrected circle. I forget how large but as I recall it is considerably larger than your 5D's chip.

Basically when using full frame sensors you will need to check the size of the corrected circle otherwise as you have already found out you will get vignetting, coma etc.

Basically you need about 3.5 inch focuser or larger plus a flattener to handle that chip with just about any scope.

Pentax 67 lenses can handle it.

Other lenses probably need to be stopped down to prevent coma and even then that will most likely show through.

Many scopes were designed to handle smaller chips like many Astro dedicated CCDs. Not many have the option to handle the larger ones and unfortunately the ones that do usually are high end and expensive.

Tak, AP, TEC, TMB, RCOS, Planewave handle it for sure.

I doubt a 2 inch focuser on any scope will. Even a 2.7 inch focuser is wishful thinking. Its gotta be 3.5 inch or larger plus a flattener with current optics on the market.

Greg.