View Single Post
Old 20-12-2012, 10:15 AM
Paul Haese

I'll disagree with John (Asi) here and say outright WinJupos is the next evolution in processing. I have seen so many great images processed with it of late that I am now convinced it adds another several orders of magnitude to the final image. Damian has been using this program for two years now and I have had some recent discussions with him about its use. He has fine tuned it to produce the images he gets when Jupiter is only 50 degrees above the horizon. Chris go's images of late are a quantum leap upward too. Good seeing really helps when you use this program. I am still trying to work out where it all works but like I said convinced this is the next step.

I no longer use Registax and prefer AS!2. Still do deconvolution but in minor amounts for fine detail. My Saturns in the last two years have been with this techhnique. Mars last apparition too. I no longer image from Adelaide hills and instead prefer to image from Clayton where the seeing is much better.

I have an ADC on loan from a mate but yet to use it. Need to give this a try. Damian tells me it is very good at low elevations, but needs to be tuned exceptionally well. Bird has said the same thing. The ADC is probably best used when doing LRGB rather than RGB. The L like DSO imaging becomes the detail layer but it will be blurred if uncorrected for dispersion.

Next step for me other than processing is size of scope. I see resolving power as a necessity. Still working out which scope diameter and type of scope I want.