View Single Post
Old 13-10-2012, 02:52 PM
Phil Hart

Finally doing some testing for the eclipse and having a few issues with Eclipse Orchestrator. Anybody got advice for the following questions? I'm using a 5DMKII.

1) I have a Shoestring DPUSB adapter, so as I understand it for the "Minimum spacing between exposures" I should be able to use much less than 1 second? What do others use for this setting? I'm finding that even with spacing around two seconds, the camera settings often do not match what they are supposed to be during a sequence, which suggests that the setting of the exposure via USB and the firing of the shutter via Shoestring DPUSB are still tripping over each other a lot?

2) Recycle Time in the hardware setup is just used when visualising the sequence.. but does not actually affect the program etc right? That seems consistent with the short entry in the Help contents.

3) I've often found that the log stops getting updated, ie when i go back and review it after a sequence, it stopped partway through. For awhile it seems the log had completely frozen and was not showing even program startup etc after several attempts. Then finally it kicked back into life again.. anybody else experience that?

Appreciate any thoughts..

Would love to see somebody's else's program and particularly how many shots for diamond ring/bailey's beads/prominences you manage to fit into that short period of time.

cheers
Phil