View Single Post
Old 21-11-2016, 10:41 PM
Sol-Skysailor (Sol)

Hi All,

Thank you, Markus, very especially, for making all these 3D images and videos happen. I'm admiring and I'm grateful. I see the success of this experiment/project quite crucially in your hands and those who took or will take images.

Markus, and anyone who can help , please go for it freely. I like to promote teamwork without competition (except in a minor way for fun and celebration afterwards), and personally have been practising reducing my ego or whatever word can describe it -meaning that I don't claim to own an idea, because everything builds on other things. Would love to see achievements happen.

In my limited ways I have
1) written a comment, as below*, for Jerry Lodriguss’ story webpage
http://www.astropix.com/wp/2016/11/1...gee-full-moon/ after he posted excellent images here and also one got on to the APOD. But my comment didn't appear.
2) written to an address I believe is in Japan. Planned to write to selected astro societies -you never know, might work.
3) searched (need to do more -please everyone help). Surely surely images and videos of the special Supermoon (perigee moon if the S word triggered whatever) and any moon already EXIST -we've just gotta find them and say hello to the owners.

Lastly, Markus, I don't have a CN a/c yet -waiting till I could contribute something relevant. Since people seem to be judged by #posts I should think others with high counts would be more effective. Or anyone using social media. So go for it!

All fingers, toes, eyes.... crossed.

Sol

* An example comment, please of course edit or rewrite as you wish. Could use 'and team' or 'et al.' if you want to. I have no requirements.

Thank you for excellent images and articles, and for sharing them on iceinspace.com.

It is hoped that your astrophotographer readers from far distant apart would share quality images or videos of this particular perigee moon, Supermoon, for an experiment on producing 3D. (Just for the occasion of it, later other moon shots would work especially if coordinated, and hopefully of detailed telescopic features too.)

Vision is ‘world eyes’ watching moonrise or moonset in 3D, or when higher up at perigee or at full, or seeing detailed moon features in 3D. The concept is being discussed at http://www.iceinspace.com.au/forum/s...d.php?t=150321

[Quote] Example locations: Sth Afr to Finland 10254 km, Hobart Sapporo 9569 km, Adelaide Kyoto 7778 km. And somewhere in Argentina or Chile to somewhere in Canada [Unquote]

They should be of the moon alone, ie without a local structure defacing it (foreground like the ocean and reflection we can edit/process and could even be desirable); but….. where possible, if we’re really lucky, with mid-ground like the ISS nearby or background like any bright stars that could potentially help with realistically placing other celestial objects.

As it is an experiment other ideas and techniques may unfold. Global teamwork and exploring encouraged. Any advice or participation would be most appreciated.

Many Thanks!