View Single Post
Old 16-06-2015, 09:50 PM
gregbradley

I have seen autoguiding oscillations on my PMX before. What sorted it was making sure the balance was shifted to the east a bit so the gears were engaged with a slight amount of imbalance. That stopped it immediately.

Min 0 Max .2 does not make sense. That would mean any correction greater than .2 would be ignored. Perhaps your setup is near perfect but I have never seen guiding all night that was below .2. So I would try min .1 and max 3.0. Which is the usual setting. If it makes it worse that would be unusual and I would suspect backlash. Perhaps your cam has popped up (the pin in the 3 way switch mechanism) or your drive belt has slack in it.

But try the making it slightly imbalanced first and see if that sorts it. You don't actually want the mount perfectly balanced north to south. I have watched it go back and forth from a minus number to a plus over and over much the same every time when it was.

That cam pin easily pops up. All it takes is forgetting to turn the 3 way switch to lock and take the heavy imaging train off.

If you PA and PEC are near perfect you will probably get best results from aggressiveness setting down low like 3. Also longer guide exposures like 3-4 seconds.

Is this the PMX or PME you are having trouble with?

Greg.