View Single Post
Old 06-07-2016, 08:57 AM
gregbradley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atmos View Post
Although I cannot help with most of what is being discussed, I can say with assuring that parallax definitely doesn't come into consideration!

As for two cameras guiding through the same scope, the only instance I can think of there being issues is if you have one guiding in the centre and the other guiding from a corner when the PA is off. Error here will be caused by one camera detecting rotation around the centre while the other is guiding on the centre.
Why are you so sure?

With digital cameras and panoramas great care is taken to have the camera lens rotate around the nodal point. The nodal point is the point where the rays of light converge. If you are fore or aft of this point you get parallax error. That's with a short focal length lens of 14-24mm let alone 1260mm of the TEC180. They are different focal lengths for one thing and the nodal point for each will be different won't it? Or do I have this wrong?

http://www.hugha.co.uk/NodalPoint/In...he_Nodal_Point

The first thing to check is to make sure your PA is perfect though. After a heavy rain etc I find sometimes PA goes off as a permanent pier can shift a little over time from changes in the soil.

Greg.