View Single Post
Old 07-08-2014, 12:15 PM
Andy01 (Andy)
My God it's full of stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroID View Post
I reckon we've ALL done something similar before , ... but we won't admit it !!
Nice to know I'm not alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevous67 View Post
With automation, if tried and tested, you make no mistake, and is equally rewarding. And you can still watch the data flow in if one likes. Only the clouds stuff us all up.

Sorry to hear Andy. Hopefully a once off boo boo.

Steve
Be assured Steve, that's one mistake I'll never make again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octane View Post
Andy,

I've done the binning mistake before, too! annoying++;

As for automation: I also love attended imaging, but, with competing demands on my time (married life) extra brownie points are given for being inside.

The end goal is to collect data to process. In my opinion, whether you're there or not while it's capturing it, is immaterial. Automation is the bomb.

H
H, I hear you, and my bed was calling - I had to be back in Melbourne by 8.30am, so at 1am I was ready to hit the sack.. and it was -2 outside!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LewisM View Post
Lazy

The only thing I automate is guiding and capture I think I relish getting away from the family for those short times too (SHHHH, she may be listening!)

Besides, if you are out there with it all, you get to see the other wonders - meteors , strange lights (Swamp gas, yes.. swamp gas), naked neighbours at 3 am making spanking sounds...
Lewis, you crack me up Funny thing was, I was also doing visual alongside my mate and his 8" SCT while the AP was in progress. Spotted a whole bunch of galaxies, nebs and other stuff that I rarely see by eye. But eventually bailed out to bed as it was so very cold, and I had to get back up in 5 hrs to drive home.

Next time eh?

Andy