View Single Post
Old 27-12-2009, 08:20 PM
pgc hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lismore Bloke View Post
Outstanding report PGC! Your mirror must be a beauty to be able to use such high magnifications and see useful details, rather than mush.
Thanks Lismore! Using high mags also made me aware of how much the seeing varies thoughout the night. While on NGC 1535 and IC 418....in excess of 500x provided sharp stars, albeit you get the random smearing as the seeing works its way though....by the end of the night, all I got blurry smudges at hafl that power

It's a Barry Adcock mirror, I remember someone on this forum a while back said that Barry Adcock optics are "as good as it gets" or something along the lines of that. It's no doubt a great bit of glass, but a 2" thick beast and while it has fans, I'm not sure what sort of power pack or connection I need to get them working! I really need fans to move on this thing, being 2" thick without active cooling, I do get thermal problems.

Quote:
I've had family here and there is no way I could have observed anything on Boxing Day. Still I can't complain about the Christmas season too much - Santa gave me a pair of Andrews 20x80 semi-apo binos, The Universe series 1 and a bottle of Chival Regal.
Not a bad haul The DVD and the Chival should keep you in a merry mood for the time being