View Single Post
Old 07-07-2015, 12:05 PM
Meru (Michael)
More stars please!

Hi everyone,

Thank you for all the input - seems like it would be between the wallet-friendly Polarie and cream of the crop Astrotrac (bought second hand). The astrotrac really appeals to me for it's capacity and is a very nice bit of kit

Paul,
Thank you for the data - I am quite impressed with how well the images have come out!! I would not have guessed the polarie would have done that well with that much weight. 4 min subs at 135mm is quite good and probably suit my needs. How difficult is it to polar align the device? I have never really used the polar scope on my NEQ6 as I always used the drift method.

Skysurfer,
The star adventurer also looks quite good but cant help feel the attraction to either an Astrotrac or Polarie I would feel more comfortable going with a product better-known and used. It definitely has alot of features though for the price

David,
Thanks for the info, I think 3kg might be too low for what I had in mind. It is also quite expensive as the astrotrac I am looking to purchase is available second hand from a member so am inclined to go that way. Definitely a great product though.

Sean,
I had a look at the translated website, they look really good! Definitely worth considering though nothing in english grrrr. I feel that they are relatively unknown and for the price, I would have to keep these in mind for future sales.