View Single Post
Old 27-02-2020, 05:43 PM
TareqPhoto (Tareq)

Achromatic scopes are bad for imaging at all?

Hi all,

To what degree is that achromatic scopes i mean the refractors here are bad for DSO imaging?

Let's say not using RGB at all, but only narrowbanding filters, mono camera only, how bad they are compared to APO refractors for example?

Also to compare, if you use 3 same exact scopes of achromatic refr and each has a mono camera the same exact and you put each with a filter let's say one with Ha or red, and second with green or SII and the third with blue or OIII, all in focus, and then used the data for stacking, will that be bad compared to using one APO refractor be it a triplet or a doublet with one mono camera only and using all filters with wheel or changing whatever?

All what i read about achro and APO is about how that APO is bringing all colors to one point, so it is about focus, and it is always about using a color camera or one camera and using all filters, so if using many scopes and focus with all individually, does that matter really? does APO only produce sharper results or better colors? Does it change FL or FoV or magnification or target look if refocusing? I mean someone said if those colors aren't in same plane then it will change the FL then, like 2 filters at 400mm while third could be like 395mm or 405mm something like that and then in stacking it won't generate a correct true final result?