View Single Post
Old 13-05-2016, 04:19 PM
gregbradley

Quote:
Originally Posted by glend View Post
Greg, I was using sCMOS as a generic term for the future of CMOS and not claiming the territory for ZWO's ASI1600. I too look forward to the larger chip sizes. I talked to Sam at ZWO about amp glow, as a beta tester on CN had reported it on long subs, it was not too bad from what I saw. The beta tester reported that Sam had provided him with some sort of driver update that cleaned it up substantially. Sam had posted a 300" Dark on the webpage for the camera, before the driver update, and it is almost undetectable. Sure it might be an issue at 600" but I don't really see a need to expose that long with this camera, even in narrowband, and besides I can process it out. If that's the only issue I'll be happy.
Amp glow should subtract out with a good quality dark as long as the temperature is accurate. I suppose you could use scaled darks with a bias and that should also work.

In fact thinking about it if the temperature regulation is not to a setpoint then scaled dark subtracts would be the way to go.

Greg.