Thread: The Lego Tragic
View Single Post
Old 27-03-2024, 10:10 AM
JeniSkunk (Jenifur)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeniSkunk View Post
Another LEGO tragic here.
I've never had the cash for the big, fancy kits, let alone anywhere to display them when finished. I had to pass by the Saturn V Apollo set because of that latter.
I've always been envious of the folks that had the cash for the big kits and somewhere to display their finished efforts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelySpoon View Post
If it wasn't for benefactors I wouldn't have them either- I couldn't justify it for myself, I'd feel too guilty.
My Saturn sits in a display case opposite my desk and was the source of much comment during lockdown Zoom meetings.
It's not just having the cash to buy the big sets, or receiving them as gifts, it's having the space to build and display them. And you need the space for display cabinets for the completed builds, or enough permanently clear shelf space.
At my old flat, I used the upper shelves of a 3ftx6ft bookcase as display space, and the largest constructed sets I could fit in it were #43172 Elsa's Magical Ice Palace and #41314 Friends Stephanie's House.
At my current flat, that bookcase is full of books, so I don't have the space for either set to be displayed assembled, and there's no more space in the flat for another bookcase. The biggest sets I could put on display here now are #70911 The Penguin Arctic Roller, and #31066 Creator 3-in-1 Space Shuttle Explorer.