View Single Post
Old 23-01-2021, 06:22 AM
gregbradley

That's a shame it doesn't fit.

Try focusing a star in one of the better corners and then noting the position and then focusing on a star near the centre and see if there is much difference.

Greg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryderscope View Post
Thanks Greg, I've checked out the spare Moonlite focuser that I have and unfortunately it isn't going to work. It is one that I had on the TSA120 and won't suit the FSQ as it has the integrated long draw tube. The Nitecrawler focuser that Moonlite make for the FSQ106 has a recess that the rear lens element from the FSQ can slip into. If I'm going to replace the focuser then I will lash out and get the Feather Touch one. I would like to make that pesky CAA go away but I don't know how I can do this without replacing the whole focuser any way.

I have a few more things which I am going to try tonight whilst it is clear (albeit with some moon about). I'm interested to spend a little extra time making sure that the focus is correct by zooming in on the stars in the centre of the image. I want to be sure that the radial stars in the corners were not affecting the focusing.

Attached images:
* My spare Moonlite focuser
* A screen shot from a video showing the Moonlite night crawler being installed on an FSQ106

Cheers,
Rodney