View Single Post
Old 21-01-2021, 01:50 PM
multiweb (Marc)
ze frogginator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryderscope View Post
Thanks Marc. I can certainly look at some maintenance with the CAA to take up any play. At this stage though I'm not convinced that this will solve the issue but it is still worth doing.
Well you have tilt in your field so sort that one out first, tick that box and move to the next item.

Quote:
Being aware of the importance of getting the focus correct I took care to make sure that the focus was as spot on as I could get it. I checked the SGP Pro auto focus routine carefully and in addition stepped the focuser through the focus range as a reference.
Yeah but nah... do it visually with a Bath mask and make sure you're spot on zoomed at 400%. Then insulate your tube so you keep focus. I assume you have a MEF or other (micro focuser) on that scope right?

Quote:
One of the key issues I noted is that because of the elongation in the stars in the centre of the image, I am having trouble trying to register the pre and post meridian sub frames. As well as that I don't believe that the OTA is performing to what an FSQ106 should.
As I said I had a look at your raw files and I can't see much wrong with them. My feeling is that you're not 100% in focus. If you are then there's something else.

PS: get rid of that tilt adaptor as well for testing.