View Single Post
Old 31-01-2011, 10:19 AM
Liz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzy View Post
I can't wait to have a go at W. Orionis - It's been on my to-do list for a while, along with Ruby Crucis.

Regarding M1 (The Crab Nebula), I tried for about half an hour to find it and I thought to myself at the time, how hard could this be as its only about a degree away zeta tauri. But difficult it was. Perhaps it's easily affected by the seeing after all
Hey Suzy, yes W Oriois is a beauty, but the joy is that it is so easy to find also!! Hmm, the Crab was quite elusive, but have fund it in the past as a small blob, so put it down to the seeing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by astroron View Post
I will have to take a trip up there and set the Argo Navis up for you
You seem to do a good job observing without though
Cheers
Ha, am sure I will get it up and going in the next few months. I had bought another little grabandgo goto scope last year, so had put quite a bit of time into it. Some of the things I earnt with him will help me with the AN. Look forward to getting it up and going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beefking View Post
glad someone up here had the chance to get the scope out. I haven't used mine since I moved here over a year ago. The clear sky on Tuesday night made me realise how much I've missed it
I know, Tuesday night was a lonesome beautiful night, and am glad I got out there. Last year was bad all down the east coast, so you are not alone there. Patience for another 2 months.