View Single Post
Old 23-03-2010, 06:43 PM
mldee (Mike)
Photon sorter

Quote:
Originally Posted by multiweb View Post
I can relate to that.

I use Theo's driver for QHY5 & base driver, Tom's for the QHY8. Never changed them. They work fine. Until the very latest version of Neb 2 which for some reason stopped recognising QHY8 TVDE (tom's version) so I stayed with the previous version of Neb that worked. No need to update for me as I just use Neb to capture and it hasn't significantly changed in that department since the beginning. I kept on updating PHD though because it had new interesting features added to tweak parameters in realtime.

Historically Tom's drivers are the only drivers that ever gave me clean downloaded pictures. No streaks or USB interruption problems so I stuck to them. I also use Ascom 5a with the QHY5 to have it working with QGVideo.

There is also a program offered by Tom that can clean your system of any previously installed driver. I used it on two occasions and it worked a treat when I made a mess of my system by plugging the cameras in different USB ports.
Thanks Marc, good info.

Tried Tom's uninstaller during my initiation, I think it sorta worked but I was not a happy camper at the time.

I'll try the ascom route. Surprised at the lack of info on all the QHY sites about these problems, seems for a $1000+ camera, a little more up to date support would be available, without 10,000 googles.

BTW, I'll keep you in mind when I get my C8 Hyperstar, your C11 stuff is looking good