View Single Post
Old 16-09-2018, 12:38 PM
Placidus (Mike and Trish)
Narrowing the band

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickS View Post
Some very familiar objects there, M&T, but at an image scale that shows details I've not seen before. Bravo
Thanks, Rick. One mostly sees either the whole Magellanic Cloud, or perhaps just NGC 346.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Ward View Post
OK.. i see the fish. Remarkable to see what such a wide net can catch .
Cheers, Peter

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv View Post
oh, gorgeous! Almost 3-D like effect. I followed your suggestion, downloaded it and added a little more green. To my eyes it adds yet more 3D.
Just so wonderful and inspiring, this pas de trois.

At the top left of the rose there's a tiny bright blue band. That's not an artefact, is it? Do you happen to know which chemical that is?
Hi, Annette Thrilled that you like it as much as we do. We like your version, but there is a strong and powerful Anti-Kermit Lobby who would prefer no green at all, whom we fondly contemplated. The little blue ring is almost certainly an artefact. It ought to go away in a 3 panel mosaic like this. Three Rings for the Elven Kings, Seven for the Dwarf Lords in their Halls of Stone, Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die. One ring to confuse them all, get past statistical rejection techniques, and in the darkness bind them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by codemonkey View Post
Nice work guys; exceptional data and processing of an interesting view!
Thanks Lee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by topheart View Post
Hi M+T,
A great image!
I really like the framing of the objects using a mosaic.
Well done!
Cheers,
Tim
Thanks Tim. Reassuring.

Steve Crouch's tiny planetary nebula is there, but its colour is different due to our using quite a different palette and processing. We found it very difficult to find when Steve first posted it, so here's a moderately tight crop of our image rotated 90 deg clockwise to be the same orientation as Steve's, and with what we believe to be Steve's planetary marked. Hope we're right.

Cheers,
MnT
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (Steve Crouch's Planetary Nebula.jpg)
184.4 KB19 views

Last edited by Placidus; 16-09-2018 at 12:49 PM.