View Single Post
Old 20-03-2024, 11:23 AM
Dave882 (David)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroViking View Post
Beautiful image, David. A lot of detail to behold, and fantastic colours as well.

Your poor computer - stacking and registering that many frames!

V.
Lol thanks mate - this is the first time I FINALLY got SPCC working properly in PI and wow it made a great difference. I compared to a Hubble image and the colours were almost identical so really happy with that and much less stuffing around trying to manually adjust things..

Yeah the laptop's been working pretty hard but probably not as epic as you'd assume... My trick is that I actually treat each night as 2 sessions - one for the best data around the meridian and another set for the rest. I stack each set individually with grading to suit the quality of the data... so for this project that's 12 stacks. I then stack the stacks together for a final image. Not only does this make the task MUCH easier and less time consuming, but APP weights every sub and prioritises the best data for the final stack. So in effect, the stacks from poorer data contribute less to the final product. End result is better on all fronts I believe.