View Single Post
Old 14-10-2020, 07:57 PM
mswhin63 (Malcolm)

This is very correct, although in my case I managed to avoid this by routing them so there is no flex throughout all travel. I only have 2 points of flex and each point is stabilised to prevent them from tugging leads connected to the equipment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Startrek View Post
From my experience looming or bundling cables from the scope / mount to tripod or ground affects your guiding performance, especially the thicker USB3 type cables
All the cables from the mount / scope I just Velcro tie or cable tie them off the centre of the dovetail bar and then support them at the spreader plate under the tripod or the tripod leg with a Velcro tie or cable tie but leave the multiple cables untied or unloomed with free supported cable loops to allow unrestricted movement of the scope and mount
I used to cable tie 2 bunches or looms with small cable ties every 100mm but it made the looms too stiff and caused my guiding to waiver in some cases quite severely.It’s amazing how cable tension , cable stiffness even the slightest can affect your guiding

Cheers