View Single Post
Old 15-01-2008, 11:01 AM
allan gould

I have a Watec 120N+ video camera and was quite surprised at how much detail it can capture in a 10 second integration, but a 1 min integration blew me away. I use an el-cheapo USB capture setup for my laptop and it does cause some streaking on long integrations, Buil (writer of IRIS software) has a very interesting comparison of capture devices etc and 120N camera - obviously uses Iris to remove this artefact. Well worth reading.
Regards, Allan
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldspace View Post
Fahim,

Thank-you for your valuble comments etc on this subject past and present. I have some questions for you. If I want to start capturing images from the video camera to my laptop are the converters from the image source company the way to go? I understand that they don't compress the files so you don't loose as much quality in the image, is this correct if you know? and is the fire-wire converter going to be much better than the cheaper USB one? or do you have any other sujestions? I was told that the Canopus converters compress the file so you use quality, I am very new to all this so if you have any feed back on these issues that would be great. Price is not an issue as I believe in doing it right first time unless the cheaper option is going to give me similar results.

Regards Matt.