View Single Post
Old 28-06-2010, 12:03 PM
pgc hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by goober View Post
Wow... 12 craterlets? I don't believe you ... or I don't want to believe you Nice job.

My lunar observing is naked eye with my boy. He now knows "moon" and "Venus" ... pretty good at 18 months.

Hey, been a long time since we heard from you mate! I miss your excellent obs reports It could've been 13, but craterlet F was in the shadows. Plus I failed to see W and O, which seem to be larger than the smallest ones I saw, so that's 15 potential Bring on 3rd quarter

I was out this morning and was following the limb of the moon at 762x, seeing was a bit crap, but the detail I saw at a much crisper view at 381x was all there.... it was awesome seeing the hills and mountains along the edge of the moon and also great detail in instances of steady seeing, it s like being over the moon in a space ship Also viewed some crater at 1144x which showed striations, texture in its bowl. The central peaks in Langrenus and Petavius this morning (28/6/2010) at 1144x
were actually well resolved!

Just for fun I decided to lash up the powermate and 2x barlow for 2000x and unbelievably I could still see some detail on the moon (ofcourse blurred by seeing and killing the scope), when I expected to see nothing but a complete blur

Because of this scope, I am increasingly wanting the moon to be around all the time! Sorry all you faint galaxy lovers

On the flipside, I put in my 22mm LVW for a wide field 60x on the moon... beautiful scene ... then I was literally blind in my right eye for a full half hour!

Last edited by pgc hunter; 28-06-2010 at 07:36 PM.