View Single Post
Old 29-10-2020, 11:07 AM
On the edge (Michael Novak)

AZ-EQ5 GT Mount to PC Issues

Hello,
I am writing this today after I had lots of trouble connecting my new AZ-EQ5 GT Mount To my laptop.

Bit of previous history: I decided to sell all my equipment which was getting bulky and replace it with something a little easier, in hindsight I should have just sold the OTA and purchased a triplet, The stock in Australia was very limited with problems getting stock from USA.

I ended up buying a Skywatcher AZ-EQ5 GT Mount and Tripod, QHY 183C, and QHY 5-ii Mono Guider with a Svbony 50mm Guide Scope through Adriano Massatani from Testar Australia who background is as a Aerospace Engineer and worked at Skywatcher Australia, Really great guy!

The issues I had was doing my head in, after 4 solid days in front of the computer I managed to solve the issue by changing the Baud Rate in ASCOM from 9600 to 115200 and it worked although still a bit eratic. In the mean time Adriano sent me a Synscan USB Dongle which connects the Synscan to the PC with a USB A-B Printer Cable after again Invalid Parameter and Port Not available I changed the Baud Rate back to 9600 and it worked ( There was no mention about the cable issues from Skywatcher nor ASCOM about the Baud rate)

The other error was inside the EQMOD configuration area in the Co-Ordinates section, Please make sure you put the right amout of lat/longunits in each box other wise you will get Invalid Parameters!!
Please check my YouTube video on these issues:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qioH...l=MichaelNovak

In the video also connecting to ASCOM, Carte Du Ciel, Stellarium and NINA

I must also give Peter Ward from Advanced Telescope Supplies a plug, He went out of his way to track down a William Optics 102mm GT Triplet from Taiwan and arrived today.

(Again, there was no mention about the new cable issues from Skywatcher nor ASCOM about the Baud rate)