View Single Post
Old 24-10-2020, 05:26 PM
Andy01 (Andy)
My God it's full of stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobF View Post
Very nicely done Andy. RGB or Ha alone can look bit flat in the LMC, but have to admit the NB has wonderfully brought out differing composition in the nebulae here, which makes it even more fascinating.

Was looking to see if it was a mosaic, but the 16200 FOV has worked out well.
Cheers Rob, Nebs in the LMC are always challenging to image. Not sure if there's galactic flux between us & the Magellenic clouds but I always find these targets surprisingly noisy, relative to the amount of data collected.
Being under heavy LP & lockdown, NB is my go to, and there is a decent mix of elements in these little nebs to see the differences between filters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLParkinson View Post
The colours are psychedelic. They work for me. This is another original image. It is wonderful that you are original. Did you use the "Psychedelic Art Color Scheme" by accident or design?

https://www.schemecolor.com/psychede...20(%2300EDF5).

I hope you haven't gone crazy during the Melbourne lock down.
Hi Murray, thanks for your consideration. Melbourne lockdown has frankly been hell, flippin' Labor Government fools and their litany of mistakes and we citizens have had to pay a VERY steep price for their incompetence.

That being said, any resemblance to the psychedelic colour palette is purely coincidental!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahnpahwa View Post
Thats really cool, Andy!

Trying to find examples on astrobin showing only narrowband, seems its a target rarely attempted?! Definitely going on the list to have a go at
Glad you liked it!
Do let me know if you find any other images of this little nebula set, I'd be curious to see them.