View Single Post
Old 18-07-2019, 09:54 AM
tileys

I am using it with a 200mm f/4 (fast) scope with a Baader MPCC and a SVBony LPS filter (trying that out) and I have so far standardised on just a little above unity gain - 140, and am exposing for 60 sec subs - live stacking into Sharpcap - at zero degrees temp setting - it looks to be a good general setting for brighter objects but I feel I need longer subs or a higher gain (and maybe a better LPS filter or an additional IR cut or Lum filter) for dimmer objects like M83. It's still early days for me with this cam and I am now holding off for a little while until the moon rises a bit later to get rid of some of the skyglow.

I watched a great vid on YTube by the Sharpcap creator where he discussed the key variables for noise, temp etc. The sensor on these is not very noisy at all and can I think be pushed into higher gain without too much noticeable noise and it seems that you really will not notice much improvement if you drag the temp much below 5 degrees and indeed, if you try and pull it down to e.g. -5, -10, -15 you are probably just creating problems for yourself with icing.

Be keen to hear of other peoples experiences with it.

Cannot upload images from here easily - might do so later...