View Single Post
Old 07-02-2017, 06:34 AM
DavidS (David)

Smile Hello World

Hi there people. David here. Always been interested in the sky etc but never had the time to buy a scope etc but now hooked on gear envy and the next thing I need to get.

I found I'm interested in the learning and so heading into astrophotography as it's quite technical. Only managed to find M42 and a few of the larger clusters. Looked a few times for a galaxy (Sculpture / Silver Dollar ) but not getting there..... Just nothing in the eyepiece even though it is quite big. Need to spend more time with accurate alignment I suspect even I have determined that two start align is not really very good and am adding 3 calibration stars as well.

Anyway thought I'd say hello . You guys appear quite active which is good even though "Ice in Space" raised my eyebrows when I first came across it. Thought I'd found the "Dark Web"!

Celestron 8" Edge HD on AVX mount with Canon 600D
Plossyl 40, 25, Orion 9mm and 20mm reticle lens, Barlow 2x
Pixinsight

I have a question on preprocessing with pixinsight and appreciate a pointer on where best to post. I also need to spend more time on the tutorials so apologies if the question is too noob.