View Single Post
Old 05-12-2014, 07:12 AM
gregbradley

For some reason Fuji do overstate their ISO. ISO3200 on my XE1/XT1 is more like ISO1600/2000 on my Sony or a Nikon/Canon.

ISO is merely a standard of sensor sensitivity and can be measured one of several ways and the manufacturer can choose. I suspect its something to do with the Xtrans colour filter overlay that lets them use a method that exaggerates the sensitivity by about 40%.

Having said that the X series are still the lowest noise APSc cameras around. Perhaps the new Canon 7D2 may be similar although I suspect not.

Auto white balance works great for nightscapes and also on my Sony. With my Nikon D800e auto white balance looked bad and I would do nightscapes at 4200K or so and adjust in post processing. With the Fuji there is no need as the auto white balance turns out just great.

Fuji is all about the best colours around, great auto white balance, super low noise and high resolution due to no AA filter. Also a fantastic selection of lenses that match or better the best from Canikon. More on a par with Zeiss.

Greg.