View Single Post
Old 12-11-2020, 08:09 PM
Ittaku (Con)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulloch View Post
Hi Con, as far as I know, FC treats ASI and QHY cameras differently due to the driver file it comes with. On ASI cameras you only get to choose Wred and Wblue, but in FC 2.7 Torsten added a Wgreen "offset" as a multiplier. Whereas (I believe) QHY allows you to set a value for all 3 colour parameters, which can be varied between 1 and 127 with a midpoint of 64. This is just my best guess, based on what I've seen on CN.

So, assuming that the ASI462MC's values are Wred=69 and Wblue=86 with the Wgreen offset of 0, then the QHY462 values might be
Wred = 88
Wgreen = 64
Wblue = 110

Torsten replied to this assumption of mine here
https://www.cloudynights.com/topic/7...er/?p=10595485

Hope this helps, unfortunately I cannot help with your Linux issues though ...
Hi Andrew. The camera is working somewhat and it has sliders that go up to 255 for all three colours. My issue are clearly timing overruns due to a broken SDK they distribute with linux for what it's worth - the QHY dev himself said he'd look into it. As for the green offset when there is no real green control for ZWO cameras, I found that a risky thing to use - the reason is it offsets what it's getting but can't prevent clipping. So if you set it to say -30 you could easily be clipping but it only showing 70 maximum value - I've seen the huge spike at the right end of the green histogram when you do that. Positive offset is okay but I found that's rarely required with green in particular. I'm hoping the true fine grained control of each colour in the QHY camera comes in useful.