View Single Post
Old 21-07-2020, 09:09 AM
Andy01 (Andy)
My God it's full of stars

Apollo to Atlas>51 years of Space Exploration

Apollo to Atlas>51 Years of Space Exploration.🚀

This heroic image is my tribute to the spirit and legacy of the three legendary Apollo 11 astronauts, Armstrong, Aldrin & Collins - whose incredible exploits 51 years ago this week inspired the entire world and continue to push our quest for knowledge forward half a century later.
AIPP Silver Lining Awards 2020 Semi-Finalist 🌟
After 6 months planning & research, I was there to capture the background Rocket Launch image from Kennedy Space centre Apollo/Saturn V viewing lawn, only a few yards away from this iconic monument, approx 5 miles from the launch site itself. It was an amazing and beautiful sight in the predawn twilight! 🚀😱

I photographed the monument a little later on the same day- and the moon image previously. 🔭🌖
The launch image itself is a three minute time exposure “streak shot” of the ULA Atlas V Boeing Starliner un-crewed capsule test on Dec 21st, 2019. 800iso, 3 mins f22.📸

Rocket launches are eerie to watch. There's the anticipation, the countdown, the thrill of the crowd and then there's a blinding light, brighter than the sun, but no sound. Around 30-45 seconds later the sound comes roaring in and shakes you to the core, a deep, crackling rumble as loud as the bass at a Kiss concert and you just get swept up in awe at the sheer power and majesty of what you're seeing. Truly a bucket list experience and I was lucky enough to see two launches on this trip! 🚀🚀

Thanks for your consideration, I hope you enjoy the result!
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (Apollo-to-Atlas-iis.jpg)
186.8 KB64 views