View Single Post
Old 15-02-2021, 08:31 AM
gregbradley

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidTrap View Post
Thanks Greg,

I’d hoped to get a feel for this camera over the summer, but alas no.

DT
Quote:
Originally Posted by petershah View Post
love the colour in this
Hi Peter, Yes I was surprised at the saturation of the colour as well. Initially the 30 minutes worth each of rgb seemed pretty noisy but surprisingly it cleaned up well. I think though 1 hour each of rgb really should be the minimum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_T View Post
Hi Greg, I think this has the same sensor characteristics as my QHY268c ? It has that same sweet spot in Photographic mode at gain 26... I've never got any clarity of offset. For what its worth I've played around with all three modes and found High Gain mode the most useful... mostly at gain 60 which has very low read noise yet still respectable dynamic range, but even when I want deeper wells the High Gain mode at zero gain is very deep (similar to photographic mode at 0 gain and not that much less than Full Well but with much lower read noise) . upshot is they are the only two setting is use now.... high gain mode with either 60 or 0 gain. Cheers robert
Thanks Robert. Yes the 2 sensors have the same architecture so I would not be surprised if the settings translate across the 2 models.

Are you sure the well depth is still high in high gain mode? It usually butchers the well depth.

As to gain and offset there seems to be little difference in the images so I would not fuss over it too much. I tried last night Gain 26 versus Gain 56, images looked almost identical and the histogram was simply a bit higher with the higher gain.

Greg.