Thread: Blue Horsehead
View Single Post
Old 23-07-2019, 02:01 PM
sil (Steve)
Not even a speck of dust

You should have a read of the light vortex tutorials mate, they show an approach to enhance nebulosity without stretching the stars, A German fellow called Gerard also has a video tutorial on the same where he uses a similar target with dust clouds, might even be this one actually. Both are PixInsight tutorials but that should be irrelevant, read and try the methods and see if you have the same tools available in the software you use. Its about comprehending the techniques. Good to see the good redcat shots you're getting, I was a backer and only posted briefly about my experience. Its an awesome tool and I'll be keen to see their next lens. Also need to get my body modded too (camera as well as actual ;p) failing health has kept me from getting out and grabbing subs. Its just so nice to get such sharp flat stars. Annoyingly going back over my existing sets my final integrated image shows some distortion in the corners not apparent in the subs. Result of field rotation , low distortion plus stacking combining to bring them out. really need to get time to try to see if I can handle one of my tracking mounts. Plus I got my new 3d printer finally assembled and running so been running it 24/7. too many interests, not enough time money or energy, pfft.

go find those tutorials! you have more than enough data already captured to process what you want, its not about more subs or gear at this point its about better targetting in processing. Only parts of the tutes are all you need really.