View Single Post
Old 13-11-2016, 11:47 PM
Atmos (Colin)
Ultimate Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley View Post
I see QHY are developing some full frame CMOS cooled sensor cameras:

http://qhyccd.com/MediumCOLDMOS.html

The 36mp one is probably the same sensor in the Sony A7r and Nikon D800 cameras and now the Pentax K1.

The 24mp one is probably the same sensor as the one in the Sony A6000 camera.

Greg.
The problem is that they're not mono :/ When they come out with a mono FX sensor I'll be jumping on board!
Pretty sure I wouldn't be able to use my 36mm filters with the 16200, I have been eyeing off that sensor but it's out of my price range for quite some time yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by glend View Post
Hmm, my own experience with CentralDS was not great. They are relying on debayering and this usually (in my experience), produces anomalies in the sensor. The one they did for me had remnants of the debayer layer left on the sensor and the epoxy wire protection got onto the surface. They refunded my payment, eventually. I have debayered a few myself now and usually i am left with a compromise sensor that makes dithering and flats mandatory. Best to buy a sensor that comes from the factory without a bayer matrix - like the Panasonic sensor in the ASI1600mm. But as stated, in the full frame size there is no obvious cmos chip at this time.
I haven't really heard much in the way of reviews about them but as you say, debayering them isn't really the optimal way to go.