View Single Post
Old 01-03-2018, 05:42 PM
RB (Andrew)

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogman View Post
Hello strangers ..... i havent posted since 2005 .. found a 4 inch dob for the verandah and thought of you " bunch " ....
Anyone still observing ?
Think i met Rod again here in Canberra but not sure .

Anthony
Anthony, hey buddy, how's it going, we've missed you !!!
So good to hear from you.
Ah, the memories, paintball guns, pizzas, scopes, eyepieces and the odd cigar or two...
We need a reunion....

RB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodstar View Post
Rocket Boy (130mm Takahashi), HOughy (12 inch SCT), John Bambury (10 inch Dob), Atatalas (110 Takahashi?), Wayne (8 in SCT), Ed Roca (18 inch Dob), George Lavanos (who wore shorts and bare feet in the middle of winter!!), Gary Kopff, Andrew Murrell, Narayan. And then the many others who came to join us at Paint Ball with their children..Joe and Anushka, Scott (now back in the US) with his boys, my three kids, the list goes on and on...
Rod, the memories keep flooding back.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ausastronomer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodstar View Post
George Lavanos (who wore shorts and bare feet in the middle of winter!!)

Hi Rod,

I will never forget George turning up to Paintball in early June 2005 for a nights observing, wearing nothing but shorts, thongs and tee-shirt.

Nor will I ever forget George grinding a mirror in the creek / waterhole at the first IISAC at Lostock in late January 2006, because of the 40+ degree temperatures. That is a sight I will never forget, I couldn't stop laughing. If that mirror turned out to be better than 4/1 waves it got lucky Although he was only rough grinding it.

A real character !!

Cheers,
John B
hahaha John, what a character George was.
And exactly as you describe, I remember him grinding that mirror in the creek in that heat !!
Here's that photo I took of him that day.
Wow, just wow.

RB
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (george.jpg)
142.3 KB34 views