View Single Post
Old 25-05-2020, 12:33 PM
Mokusatsu (Australia)

I am happy to say that there has been a good amount of interest, and I've requested a quote from Kasai for 10 pairs of binoculars, plus quotes on the goggles.

The cost of the order doesn't look too exorbitant, and I'm willing to fund it myself initially (I'm not going to demand up front payment), because it looks like I have enough interest to offload most of the ten immediately, and I'll be able to make a few bucks on any spares by selling them on eBay, or just give them out as gifts.

Cost to members of the group buy will simply be "at cost" for whatever I pay including a share of the shipping, for pickup in Perth. Anyone not able to pick up will also pay shipping for me to mail them to Sydney or wherever.

I have sent them (Kasai Trading) the following email today:

"I have announced a group buy at my astronomy club, there has been a fair bit of interest.

I have had some concerns raised by members about the limited diopters range making them unsuitable for shortsighted people to use without spectacles, however I note that you did an update which improved this:*http://www.kasai-trading.jp/widebino28neoexe.html*
How many diopters adjustment does the new 2.0x40 model allow?

Can you send me a specifications sheet showing the field of view, weight, accessories available (like straps, goggles, filter mounting) for the new model?*

Can you tell me a quote for 10 pairs of binoculars? And how much for the goggles too, since several people expressed an interest in that?

Shipping would be to:
<my address>

A cheaper land based shipping method will be fine, as long as the package is well protected from abusive postal workers!"