View Single Post
Old 17-09-2017, 11:31 PM
Protiotype (Ray)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkara4 View Post
ive done quite a bit of research on Chile. im definitely not doing it alone like this one, and i am extremely wary of going there with all my gear. i also want to go there with someone who speaks spanish, and i know a few people but getting them to commit this early on will be impossible i think.

but i NEED to see that again.

im quite surprised by the lack of reports here from the USA, and the lack of good video on youtube from more amateurs.
2019 for Chile might not present as good conditions as 2020 with the sun lower in the sky (therefore having a higher chance of being obscured by cloud) in 2019.

I'm going to run out of money if I try to go to 2020. I've got 2023 (Exmouth) on the cards, and maybe 2024 from Niagara Falls (I haven't been to Canada before and am prepared to chance it with weather; otherwise I'd have to go to Texas and Canada). 2027 in Spain is also a possibility as that'll be my chance to visit Netherlands and Germany while I'm at it. Then it's Australia again in 2028, 2030, 2037, 2038...

Lots of opportunities, but can't take each one for granted!

As for reports and video - it's really difficult to take good video during an eclipse and as far as reports go, most people don't have the attention for viewing my trip photos let alone read through a long report!