View Single Post
Old 09-01-2017, 01:49 AM
Chris85 (Chris)

Here's a good friend of mine explaining what he did with his Pod He also devolved at the time (may still be?) the first automation system for the Skysheds. Pm and I'll pass on his email for those interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamish Thava
Some updated on my new thermal insulating dome cover...
So far it has been successful in preventing moister and dew from forming in the dome and on the dome surface during our wet winter. In the sun, the temperature difference between the inside of the dome and the ambient temperature has been narrowed down significantly. Using the original cover from SkyShed POD, the average temperature difference was in the range of 11 deg C - 15 deg C. Now with this cover that wide range has been narrowed to about 2 - 5 deg C . This is a significant improvement.
The outer surface of the cover is a marine water proof and water resistant canvas. Water doesn't even stick to the surface when it rains. The 2nd and 3rd layer are a type of heavy duty wall insulating sheet. The 4th layer is a breather canvas. Basically the insulating sheets are sandwiched between two canvas sheets.
Cheers and clear skies
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (pod.jpg)
31.0 KB84 views