View Single Post
Old 16-07-2018, 02:56 PM
glend (Glen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonius View Post
You haven't plugged in your laptop or something? Nothing's running off additional AC transformers or anything? it's all coming from the single 12v supply?
No the laptop runs off AC adaptor in the Obs, as does the Hub power pack (5V) and the USB3 camera active extension cable (also a 5V plug pack). The camera TEC power does come off a AC/DC power supply, and perhaps I can switch that over to dedicated battery power for testing. The camera TEC power has come off the same power supply for well over two years now, without issues until now.
I have a DC/DC converter for the laptop which I use in the field, so I can switch that over as well but the laptop seems to be ok. I have run the camera TEC power off a battery powered pure sine wave inverter in the field and it has worked fine in that configuration, I could switch to that mode for testing.

Update: I have attached a heavy gauge earth wire to the mount top plate on one end and the other end to rebar driven into the ground. That should eliminate any further float in the assembly. We'll see if this makes a difference tonight.

Last edited by glend; 16-07-2018 at 04:55 PM.