View Single Post
Old 25-08-2018, 05:25 PM
RD400C (Garth)

Thanks for some wise words and council from sil.
We are fortunate to have such members. I am also fortunate that my health is okay, I try to reduce the risk factors, by swimming 3 times a week and being a non drinker. Not for everyone, but it works for me. However you never know, a retinal tear early this week, shows that the situation can change quickly as I think it has for sil, and I wish you well on your continued recovery.

I am a patient person and will not rush into something that I have to live with for many years. The points made are very sound and are in my thinking. I am doing lots of reading and watching of clips etc etc.

Also thanks Lewis I appreciate the feedback especially re the EM-400, and I hope that Colin (Atmos) has the time to provide some insight into owning an ASA mount.

Marke (Mark) is thinking the same as I am that the AP appears to be the standard to which others are judged, but as it is not really an Apples to Apples comparison I think I may have to factor in pricing a 10micron GM2000 UP to even up the evaluation, not that I need the capacity.

Budget is the elephant in the room for most of us. Value for money is subjective at the end of the day, and makes the selection a personal one

Thanks again. And I will be reading lots of IIS forum threads on the same topic

Cheers
Garth