Thread: so? soo? soooo?
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2008, 07:53 PM
Bassnut (Fred)
Narrowfield rules!

Eric

No, No and No. Youll be back, sooner than you think.

You say youll be back with a DSLR, but you cant stand a 40D?. In that case forget DSLRs, youll go backwards. Ppl (and you) keep bringing up this old hory story of the cam needing to be for happy pics too. Bull and you know it, astros in yr blood, use the 350D for happy snaps, who cares.

The QHY range of CCDs look awesome for the price. And your wrong, astro CCDs are made for the job, so they are easier to set up than DSLRs with the right tools, they are designed to be.

OK, you need to take subs thru several filters on a mono CCD which itself takes longer, or you get a colour CCD which doesnt.

If you go mono, then Narrowband allows top imaging in an urban enviroment.

I understand your frustration, but it just doesnt make sense, you have produced increadible images with oridinary gear, so you have the patience to do what it takes to set up with precision.

I think you have hit a brick wall, time to take a quantum leap, start again, and do it properly with a CCD, you will find it a cathartic experience and it will invigorate you, that will be your recharge, I predict the results would be outstanding and put you in a whole different class altogether.

Stop crying and get on with it Eric, or its an unusual wasted talent.