Thread: so? soo? soooo?
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2008, 10:18 AM
Kokatha man

Eric, I agree with all the comments re your "respite period." Observing your fantastic results and noting some of the posts wherein you detailed aspects of your routines that produced those images; I couldn't help seeing a kindred characteristic.

I'm a professional visual artist, my work is in my blood and when I'm on an exhibition project or commission it becomes an absolute mania: working long hours, going to bed late and laying there thinking about different processes/possibilities, nodding off and re-awakening later to re-commence the mental processes that refuse to switch off - well, that's how it gets to me in the middle of these activities!

People need to regenerate, divert or whatever: after these periods I sometimes drift quite aimlessly as I recharge - or I re-awaken old, long ignored wishes. For me this was the catalyst for my re-entry into active AA with equipment etc after a year and a half of the former manic overdrive.

Good luck with whatever, and I'm sure we'll enjoy your work again (I can hear it bubbling there, just under the surface still!)

Cheers, Darryl.