Thread: so? soo? soooo?
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2008, 10:48 PM
EzyStyles (Eric)
I HATE COMA!

so? soo? soooo?

Yes, within the past month, i've sold my modded 350D, then sold my modded 20D and now sold my modded 40D (as expected by some). Alot of people have asked what am i getting next? well nothing for the time being. Going to take a break from imaging unless another "apprehension" comes up. maybe tomorrow maybe next week or even next year.. but i highly doubt i will get myself a CCD. Why?

- Location: doesn't permit me using one (red zone light pollution with power lines crossing the optical plane from east to west. About 10 power lines from night time to morning)

- No observatory: will take me ages to setup a CCD with dangling cables everywhere. Easily takes me 1-2 hours just to setup mount/scope/DSLR for the first image per imaging session. will probably takes me double that time frame and by then, time for bed for work the following day.

- Also want a camera which can do daytime shots

So yes, my next astro cam will still be a modified DSLR. Those are probably the main factors why i wouldnt lean towards a CCD for the time being but you never know with me i guess i do unexpected things.