View Single Post
Old 21-09-2020, 11:44 AM
rustigsmed (Russell)

SG Pro - gone to subscription model

Hi all,

Not sure if this has been raised here yet - just got an email from sg pro saying they are moving to a subscription model...

I'm personally not a fan of subscription models for software, but yes understand developers need to make money.

Like most software in 2020, we have moved to a subscription-based model and will collect subscription fees annually. While there are several different subscription tiers available, the one that almost all of our users will fit into is for "Three simultaneous installs of SGPro" (you can upgrade all the way up to six if you need it). Software is expensive to maintain and support… especially with an application that is dedicated to the automation of complex tasks.

The SGPro subscription will carry an initial cost of $149 (USD) for the first year and then $59 (USD) per year afterward (Because you have purchased SGPro 2 in the past, you are entitled to a $100 (USD) discount toward the initial signup fee of $149 (USD) (good for life))

What if I don’t subscribe or my subscription expires?
Choosing not to subscribe or letting an existing subscription expire will not prevent you from using SGPro. When your subscription expires, you will be able to use the most recent version of SGPro at the time of expiry. You can use this version as long as you want… even install it on brand new machines.