View Single Post
Old 23-10-2019, 03:05 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by leee View Post
So, I wiki'ed, Karl Popper. And I would propose a Forth World. My world. Which might best be described as CHAOS.
I am introduced to Facts, Figures, Assumption, Hypothesis all beyond much of my comprehension. My lack of sound, higher mathematics, of not exposing myself (until later in life) other areas of Science, thought, and exploration , have left me in wonderment - of how many Worlds are out there. Worlds I have missed. And standing in Awe - at all of the insights, genius , and opening of these Worlds, and thoughts - I have missed
Hi Thomas
I hope you are having a great day.

Now don't dispair.

Your realisation that you don't know much is a priveldge most humans never get to achieve..Knowledge can only ever tell you that irrespective of all you have learned over many years is a mere drop in the bucket as to all that there is to know.

Just stay calm and realise most folk fall victim to thinking they know everything which clearly categorised them as fools...try to learn one little thing each day..try to find some unusual human pursuit...realise that outside your world there are folk who say are into cross bows, their friends are into cross bows, mum has her cross bows dad has his the kids have theirs their vocabulary on cross bows seemingly limitless..they know about cross bows..it's a big subject..the first ones, their influence in warefare, ..did you know many cross bows fired a stone and they were used for hunting... each holiday they go to a cross bow camp and play cross bows with all their friends who go each year..cross bows their world is cross bows..and so it goes for so many things...paper planes, model trains, and worms..there are people who travel to South America on holiday to find giant worms...it goes on and on...go to a maths site and look at the 40 page index with 30 entries a line and know that dozens of people devoted their lives to contribute to just one of those lines..and their lives were only about that branch of maths...look at the battles thru history all over Europe, Asia Africa the only mob with no wars were Eskimos as far as I know...and they were the only culture not to have a drug ..but when exposed became tea fanciers..they would drunk literally gallons of it to achieve intixication..all the battles, every 20 years in most places where in many battles 20 , 30 or 50 thousand were killed or where in China 300000 soldiers upon capture were beheaded...or the death of regime s like Starlin etc...human deaths now that will keep you busy.
A friend once said to me sit and think about everything there is today, all the different people their cultures etc everything that was in the past and everything that could be in the future and as it could be on all the world's that could be and indeed the world's that could not be...well I did...over a week I did nothing more...I realised that I could do it for a century and I would still not have considered much at all in relation to all that is, was, could be and could not be.

Wiki is good..as long as you click on the blue bits...you start your enquiry about the propor size for a Viking shield and keep clicking on blue until you have to eat or sleep ..needless to say you will learn more than there is a perfect size for a Viking shield...there is a perfect size actually...just as there is a perfect size for a gladius ( the Roman short sword) it is built not to get stuck and when you slash the cutting spot is the same as the sweet spot on your tennis racket.

Study just one single cell and all that makes it up is a lifetime plus some.

Good luck and remember the more you learn the more you realise you know very little..that is a good thing.
Good luck.
Alex

Last edited by xelasnave; 23-10-2019 at 03:22 PM.