View Single Post
Old 07-09-2013, 07:12 PM
Joshua Bunn (Joshua)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter.M View Post
I would not have thought you would have any warranty issues with PW, surely they would rather have a happy customer producing images for others to aspire too than an angry one telling people his scope is flexing all over the place with the images to back it up . Goodluck getting it fixed, I understand how frustrating it must be.

As for the fans, wouldn't have thought it would make an elongation in one direction maybe blurred the stars slightly but not along one axis. Ofcourse if it fixes the problem I am happy to be wrong.
Thanks Peter,

I would think the same. PW have been great to talk to. its just about acknowledging that i have a problem here. thats probably the next step unless they ask for some more tests.

the fans, well yes i wouldnt have thought the fans would introduce odd star shapes, but... Bellow are some examples of what im seeing. Hover over the image for the description. One set was in the south and the other in the north, no slewing or focusing was done between the south and north sets. They were all within minutes of each other.

thanks
Josh
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (fans off low in the south.JPG)
35.2 KB19 views
Click for full-size image (fans on low in the south.JPG)
34.7 KB16 views
Click for full-size image (fans off low north.JPG)
39.5 KB15 views
Click for full-size image (fans on low north.JPG)
39.5 KB16 views
Click for full-size image (no fans low north.JPG)
37.1 KB22 views