View Single Post
Old 14-01-2020, 10:10 PM
Startrek (Martin)

Only the latest Stellarium version 0.19.3 is supported by Ascom so apparently you don’t need StellariumScope any more when using Stellarium. I’m running Stellarium version 0.18.0 so I needed StellariumScope to use Stellarium as my planetarium when running EQMOD Goto and tracking. StellariumScope provides 3 telescope functions via the keyboard CTRL 1 to slew , CTRL 3 to Sync and CTRL 5 to cancel.
My question yet to be answered is if you run Stellarium version 0.19.3 Ascom supported, and you don’t require StellariumScope any more , then how and where do you perform slew , sync and cancel functions when running EQMOD as your telescope mount control ??
My early EQMOD notes 3 years ago mentioned StellariumScope was developed for EQMOD users to utilise Stellarium as their planetarium. Whereas if you chose Cartes Du Ceil for your planetarium, then it was Ascom supported and you didn’t require a 3 party program to control your mount

I welcome others to chime in if they have any further advice or information on the latest version of Stellarium 0.19.3 Ascom and users of EQMOD telescope control