View Single Post
Old 01-01-2018, 09:16 AM
HawkRAO (Steve)
Pulsar Aficionado

Hi Allan,
Comments in-line below...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan_L View Post
Good point. Sorry I can't shed any light on that. Probably just developed that way early on.

There are a small number of RA posts buried in among the other non-radio stuff. Last RA post over a year ago I thought I might ask the mods to split out the RA stuff to a separate section - but given my recent arrival to this forum and the small number of post about RA here they may not appreciate it

Sorry I know nothing about Radio Astronomy, strictly a visual observer to date. My experience with Radio Astronomy is having music playing in the background. Sorry.

Hope you find what you are looking for (or should that be "listening for" ?

Actually - it is "looking" as 99% of RA results are graphical.

I hold little hope of finding others engaged in pulsar observation at an amateur level in AUS/NZ. I created and administer an amateur pulsar detection website...
http://neutronstar.joataman.net/
...where you can see there are only small number of amateur pulsars hunters globally. Also note that I am the sole representative in AUS/NZ.

Basically I am hoping to be the first amateur (AFAIK) to detect a 'glitch' from the Vela pulsar - a more ambitious target is to announce it before the big boys (professional astronomers) do - not likely...
Cheers

Steve