View Single Post
Old 12-10-2013, 01:36 AM
2stroke (Jay)
The devil's advocate

Have you put in any cal files darks, bais and flats cause it dosen't look like it if you have, maybe the flats worked but the darks failed (looks like bloom on the sides)? If you have just converted to colour or taken in colour and that's just and un-cal'd image then thats dam sweet. I've also found taking the images in color instead of raw has made less noise (maybe just luck or something atm not 100%) , i then strip it back to raw apply the cal's. After that i convert back to colour, align and stack, maxim does all this via batching thank god lol.

With maxim dl choose boxcar on your flats when using your OSC, this is because the bayer matrix can be damaged. Also try stacking in maxim dl, see those tuts i posted as it just seems to own DSS with even just using auto star match and then sum for your stacking. Need to get PI myself next on the list of to get, though i sure your image should work out much better.

Anyhow hope this might help ya out, only learning here myself maybe some has more experience or has your model and can make a comparison to let you know.