View Single Post
Old 06-08-2009, 04:38 PM
peterbat (Peter)
still so much to learn!

Here are a few photos of the mount I've adapted for an Argo Navis on a Lightbridge 16.
While looking around for something to hold the unit I remembered that I had a spare articulated reading/work light that might do the job. The light was on a ball joint that can be tightened to hold it at a particular angle, and moved up or down and in and out as needed. I had to drill out the rivets holding the light to the ball joint, and then flatten the plate at the end of the joint so that it would sit flat on the piece of ply that I mounted the AN cradle on.
A piece of aluminium tubing was screwed onto the lightbridge mount. This is where the swivel at the bottom end of the articulated arm sits. I was able to bend a piece of the arm down so that it would stop the whole arm moving into the path of the telescope tube.
The arm is tensioned with springs, and this, combined with tightening up the bolts holding it all together has resulted in a flexible mount that stays where you put it. I can adjust the angle of the AN to suit, pull the unit closer to me, or push it away as needed.
You can pick these sorts of lights up in Bunnings, or in my case an industrial sewing machine shop about 20 years ago

Peter
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (light.jpg)
83.8 KB83 views
Click for full-size image (stalk1.jpg)
70.3 KB95 views
Click for full-size image (stalk2.jpg)
73.1 KB98 views
Click for full-size image (stalk3.jpg)
66.4 KB96 views